Press conference to the upcoming pilot of FMD project
Prague, 13 March 2018
The National Medicines Verification Organisation (NOOL) has held a round table meeting for representatives of the professional public and the media on the occasion of an upcoming pilot operation of the medical products anti-counterfeiting system
From February 2019, all prescription medicinal products will have to bear a new two-dimensional code, through which the authenticity of the package will be verified at dispensing. The pilot phase of the project, in which pharmacies, manufacturers and distributors of pharmaceuticals are participating under the supervision of SÚKL, will be launched in a couple of weeks.
Together, they are building a system that will monitor every prescription drug package distributed and marketed in the Czech Republic. Thanks to this system, the patient will be perfectly protected from falsified medicines that could reach the official distribution network.
The following guests accepted the invitation to the meeting dedicated to this project:
- Mgr. Jakub Dvořáček, MHA– Chairman, National Medicines Verification Organisation (NOOL)
- PharmDr. Alena Tomášková – Director, Department of Pharmacy, Ministry of Health
- Mgr. Apolena Jonášová – Director, Supervision Section, SÚKL
- Ing. Daniel Horák– CEO, Česká lékárna holding (operator of Dr. Max pharmacies)
- Ing. Jiří Sacha– Director, ViaPharma, s.r.o.
- PharmDr. Martin Šimíček– Deputy Chief Pharmacist, Hospital Pharmacy, Fakultní nemocnice u sv. Anny v Brně
and representatives of the professional public and the media.
For a press release from this event go to: